Works on registration and ortho-rectification of sattellite images, geometric and radiometric calibration, semantic image analysis, image retrieval, 3D imaging, pattern recognition, high performance computing, 3D visualization.
Main work areas of Data and Image Processing Department are registration, ortho-rectification, geometric and radiometric calibration of images of low orbit earth observation satellites RASAT and GOKTURK-2, automated ballistic image analysis and recognition for bullets and cartridge cases.
Data and Image Processing Department developed the following R&D Projects on semantic image analysis, image retrieval, 3D imaging, pattern and object recognition and high performance computing areas.
- Naval Platform Recognition (DUPT)
- Balistic Analysis System (BALISTIKA)
- Digital Recording, Archiving and Analyzing System of Turkish Radio and Television Supreme Council (SKAAS)
- Automatic concept recognition system for SKAAS (KAVTAN)
- Intelligent Surveillance Systems (AGS)